How to Open VCF File on Computer? Here are the Top Ways
VCF aka Virtual Contact File is the standard format for storing contacts and their relevant information. Also known as vCard files, it consists of designated fields for saving a contact’s relevant information, i.e. name, email ID, phone number, address, contact photo, website address, etc. A VCF file is widely supported by multiple platforms.
As stated above, there are multiple platforms and programs that support VCF files, thus there are multiple ways you can opt for to access and open a VCF file on PC. Let us jump right to the curated lost of ways you can try.
How to Open VCF File?
The world-known way to open a VCF file is through Windows Contacts. Simply right-click on the vCard file you want to open > select “Open with” > choose “Windows Contacts”. However, apart from this, several other ways exist to access and open VCF file on PC. We have mentioned them in the following segments.
1. Open VCF File on Computer Using Notepad
- Run your Notepad application on your Windows PC.
- Click “File” and choose “Open” from the dropdown list.
- Go to the location of the VCF file you want to open.
- Click “All Files” from the file type dropdown menu.
- Choose the desired VCF file and click on “Open”.
And those are the simple manual steps to open VCF file on computer easily.
2. Using MS Outlook to Open VCF File on PC
- Launch MS Outlook on your system.
- Click File >> select Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- From the provided options, select “Import a vCard file (.vcf)” and click “Next”.
- Browse and select the VCF files from your system to import.
- Upon doing so, you can access and open VCF file on PC in Outlook.
3. Open VCF File on Computer with MS Excel
- Run MS Excel on your computer.
- Click on File>> Open >> Browse.
- Browse and open the desired VCF file from the list.
- Afterward, the “Text Import Wizard” will open.
- Next, under Original Data Type, select “Delimited”.
- Then, click “Next” to proceed.
- Proceeding forth, apply Delimiters as “Tab”, and “Semicolon”, choose “Other” delimiter & type “:” in the field next to it.
- Click “Next” and at last, click “Finish”.
Following these steps, the vCard files have been imported into MS Excel. You can proceed to clean the data as per your needs.
4. Open VCF File on PC Using Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account using the appropriate credentials.
- Navigate to the Google Contacts page.
- Now, click on the “Import” button from the left menu.
- Then, choose “select here” from the appeared dialogue box.
- Proceed to browse the desired vCard files and click on the Import button.
- By doing so, all your desired contacts will be imported and you can see the respective list as well.
So, these are the top manual ways to access and open a VCF file on computer. If you want to open and preview your VCF files in two different modes, check out the following segment to know the expert solution.
How to Open VCF File with a Professional Solution?
Apart from the manual ways such as the ones mentioned above, there are also professional solutions to open VCF file on computer as well. Correspondingly, we have brought you the expert-favorite Corbett vCard Converter. This amazing tool is loaded with a plethora of features that help in making it superior among all other options on the internet. Moreover, this software comes with a dedicated preview panel to view the vCard file data and its attributes in two different modes. This automated utility is also compatible to be operated on all versions of the Windows OS.
Open and Preview VCF Files with Professional Utility
- Launch and run the expert tool on your Windows system to open VCF file on computer.
- Click on the Open button on the top-left corner of the software screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select Email Data Files >> vCard Files >> Choose File or Choose Folder.
- Upon selecting and uploading the desired vCard files, the software will automatically generate a preview of the vCard file data.
- In the dedicated preview panel, view your VCF file data in two different modes i.e. Contact Details and Raw vCard.
And that is all the steps to open VCF file on PC using an expert-recommended utility. In addition to that, you can utilize the Quick and Advance Search Settings to search through your VCF file data on a finer, granular level. Furthermore, you can use the utility to also convert the vCard files into other popular file and document formats. Not only it converts them into any desired popular format but also is capable of directly migrating the data to other platforms such as Office 365 and Gmail.
Wrapping It Up
In this blog on “How to Open VCF File on Computer”, we discussed several ways to accomplish the task. We discussed various manual methods as well as an automated utility. You can choose either method that suits and fits your requirements. We hope you found this write-up helpful. If so, don’t forget to share it with other users in need.
Read Similar Articles: