How to Import Outlook Contacts to iCloud?
The purpose of this technical write-up is to provide users with accurate guidance and trusted solutions on how to export Outlook contacts to iCloud. In this article, we are going to discuss various solutions that you can use to merge Outlook contacts to iCloud. So, scroll down till the end to find out all the information.
One of the most known email clients Outlook is famous for many things. Be it the seamless integration with other Microsoft 365 applications or its enhanced and upgraded security features. MS Outlook is without a doubt one of the most preferred email clients among users.
On the Other hand, iCloud is the cloud storage provided by Apple. You can access it across any of the Apple devices. You can save your photos, videos, emails, contacts and much other information in iCloud.
Techniques to Transfer Outlook Contacts to iCloud
So, in this article, we will discuss two methods that you can use to merge Outlook contacts to iCloud. The techniques are as follows.
- Manual Procedure
- Expert-Recommended Solution
You can use either of these methods to accomplish the task, however, the manual procedure comes along with various limitations that make it unworthwhile of an experience for users. That is also why experts suggest users steer clear of the manual procedure. We have shared the said limitations of the manual method in the following segment.
Why do Experts suggest Users to Avoid the Manual Method?
- The manual procedure is lengthy to perform which makes it extremely tiring for users.
- It is technical in nature; requires users to have the vast technical knowledge to execute it. Thus, not suitable for most users.
- It is Outlook-Dependent. So, if any users do not have the Outlook application installed then, they would not be able to export Outlook contacts to iCloud.
- Any negligence towards the process could lead to data corruption or data loss.
So, you see these drawbacks are unavoidable when it comes to using the manual method. If you do not want to deal with these hindrances, feel free to jump straight to the expert-recommended solution that we have shared below. For those who want to check out the manual method, we have explained it in the following segment.
Manual Approach to Merge Outlook Contacts to iCloud
This manual method involves exporting Outlook contacts in CSV format, then converting those CSV files into VCF format and at last importing the vCard files in iCloud. Let us see how to execute it.
- First, start the MS Outlook application
- Click on File>>Open & Import
- Just after this, go to Import/Export
- Press Export to a file >> CSV
- Choose the contacts folder after that choose to browse to select the saving location for the file
- After that, click OK >> Finish to save the contacts in CSV format
- Run the Windows +R command, type Contacts
- In Contacts Windows, Import CSV
- Select the CSV files and import them
- After importing, click on the Export icon
- Choose the vCard format
- Now, log into your iCloud account
- Go to Contacts and click the settings gear
- Choose the Import vCard option from the menu.
And that are all the manual steps to transfer Outlook contacts to iCloud. As you can see it is a lengthy method which takes a lot of time thus, users tend to avoid it.
Professional Approach to Merge Outlook Contacts to iCloud
Avoid all the hassle with the Corbett Outlook Backup Tool and obtain the best results in importing Outlook contacts to iCloud. This is a tried and trusted tool by experts themselves. It not only protects the data integrity while converting one file format to another but also keeps your data fully secure and protected throughout the process. Moreover, this tool provides users with various features.
Features of this tool
- Not just contacts but it can also backup emails and their attachments as well.
- Other than CSV, this software provides plenty of export format options to convert your files.
- This utility maintains the exact formatting and structure of your uploaded files.
- It provides you with the option of setting your preferred location path for saving the files.
- You can also extract specific attributes and folders from a file i.e. contacts, attachments etc.
- Works conveniently on Windows 11, 10 and other versions as well.
In the above-mentioned article, we discussed how to merge Outlook contacts to iCloud. To accomplish the task, we shared two methods. One was manual whereas the other one involves using an automated software. However, the manual method has some limitations that come along with it. Therefore, to avoid them, technical experts recommend using a professional solution.