How to Transfer Outlook Emails to Another Account?
Seeking a solution to transfer Outlook emails to another account? You have steered to the right post. The purpose of this article is to guide you on how to import Outlook emails to another account. We are going to provide you with the best solutions and guidance to accomplish the task in a secure and reliable manner.
Transferring or importing your data from anywhere is always a delicate and risky task. One single error may corrupt your data or cause you to lose all your data. It is the same case with Outlook. As we know, Outlook uses two file formats to store users’ data: OST (offline storage table) & PST (personal storage table), in which it only supports the direct transfer of the PST file format.
These two file formats are dependent on which server you choose to configure your Outlook with; POP3 or IMAP. If you configure your Outlook with POP3, it’ll make PST. On the other hand, configuring your Outlook with IMAP will get you OST files. As mentioned, with IMAP configuration, Outlook creates OST and in addition to that, it allows the export of data in PST format too.
Reasons to Transfer Outlook Emails to Another Account
There are numerous reasons why a user would look for a solution on how to transfer emails from one Outlook account to another. We have mentioned the most common ones here.
- Your storage space is exhausted and thus, you want to migrate Outlook emails to another account.
- You want to transfer emails on another device (computer or laptop).
- To prevent accidental deletion by importing Outlook emails to another account.
- You have to transfer emails from one Outlook account to another for work purposes.
- You want to create a backup file of your Outlook emails.
So, these are some of the common reasons why users seek solutions for how to transfer emails from one Outlook to another Outlook account. You may relate to any of these reasons or perhaps you have one of your own. However, regardless of the reason, in this article, we have provided solutions for various scenarios.
Manual Approach to Transfer Outlook Emails to Another Account
This manual technique involves the use of the Import Export Wizard option in Outlook. As you know, Outlook only supports direct transfer of the PST file format. So, if you have your Outlook configured with POP3, you have your data stored in a PST file. Thus, you can easily migrate Outlook emails to another account. Here’s how to execute the process.
How to Migrate Outlook Emails to Another Account?
- Open Outlook & Click on File.
- Now, click on Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Export to a File option, then Outlook Data File (.pst)
- Next, Browse and select the location to save data.
- Now, use Import/Export wizard to move Outlook data to another account.
Follow these steps and then, go to the location where you chose to save the output PST file to check the results of the process. Upon doing that, you can now easily transfer Outlook emails to another account.
Now, you may be wondering, if Outlook only supports direct transfer of the PST file format. Then, how to transfer an OST file from one Outlook account to another? Well, your concern is reasonable and valid.
There are numerous users who have orphaned OST files containing important data. And they want to transfer those OST files to another account. However, as per Microsoft itself, there is no direct way to import the file.
Why is the Manual Method Not For Every User?
As you read above, if you have OST files that you want to transfer to another Outlook account then, the manual method is not for you. However, it is not just this but several other drawbacks that come along with the manual method. These limitations make the method incompetent and unfit for the job. We have mentioned the most common drawbacks that users face with this method.
- This method requires the user to have technical knowledge to execute. If you are not looking to deal with technicalities then, this method is not for you.
- It is lengthy in nature and thus, tiresome for users.
- This is a complex method which might cause users to make an error and lose their data.
- The major and most unquestionable drawback is you cannot transfer OST files using this method.
Therefore, to tackle this problem, we have brought an incredible solution that you can use to import Outlook emails to another account effortlessly. Let us move forward to the next segment to check out this amazing solution.
Transfer Outlook Emails to Another Account with a Professional Approach
According to experts, if you are looking for a solution for how to transfer emails from one Outlook account to another, then choosing an automated tool is the best route. And for that, this Corbett OST to PST Converter Tool is an incomparable choice. This not only moves your outlook emails from one account to another but also can convert your OST files into Outlook-supported format, even corrupted or orphaned ones. In addition to that, it has several other outstanding features that make it the best out of all.
Prominent Features of this Software
- Converts OST files with all of their attributes.
- Advanced search settings allow you to filter through your emails at a finer level.
- It has the capability to convert OST files in bulk.
- Moreover, there is no limitation on the file size of your OST files.
- You can save your converted OST files on your local drive as well.
- Maintains file structure and data integrity throughout the process.
- Can even directly migrate OST files to any IMAP-compliant email client as well.
- Is able to extract specific attributes such as contacts, email addresses etc.
- Users can easily install this software on Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and other lower versions.
Steps to Transfer Outlook Emails to Another Account
- Download & Run Software on your Machine.
- Click on Open > Desktop Mail Client > Outlook.
- Now, preview the Outlook emails with attachments.
- Next, click on Export button & select PST option.
- Finally import the resultant Outlook file to another account.
The above is the quick working step of software to know the detailed working of the software
How to Migrate Outlook Emails to Another Account
- Install and launch the tool on your device. In the software window, click on the Open button.
- In the dropdown menu, select Email Data Files >> Outlook PST/OST Files >> Choose from a Folder.
- Select and load the OST files on the software.
- To search within the emails on a finer level, use the Quick Search and Advanced Search Settings.
- Click on Export and select the PST file format in the dropdown menu.
- Browse and select your desired location to save the resultant files. Use the Advanced Options provided below.
- Lastly, click on the Save button to transfer Outlook emails to another account.
In this article, we covered different solutions on how to transfer Outlook emails to another account; both manual and automated. However, the manual method comes with certain drawbacks and thus, is not suitable for every user. Hence, we brought you an expert-recommended tool which ensures the effective and safe transfer of your Outlook emails.