Expert Guide Create a PST File in Outlook Web App (OWA)
Throughout this blog, we will discuss how to create a PST file in Outlook Web App. To accomplish that, we will share a manual solution as well as an automated utility. So, stay tuned and read the article until the end to find out which method would be the best fit for you.
Why You Should Export OWA Emails in PST Format?
Outlook Web App is a cloud-based email client and it could be hazardous to keep your data on the internet. Therefore, it becomes necessary to save your OWA emails in PST format.
- On a cloud-based email client, your data is prone to cyberattacks on a daily basis.
- Exporting emails in PST format makes it easier to open and access emails in the desktop Outlook application.
- Backing up data on a regular basis helps avoid sudden attacks or data hacking.
As you see how important it is to create PST file in Outlook Web App.
So, How to Create a PST File in Outlook Web App?
- Install and run the OWA Exporter on your Windows system.
- Click Open > Email Accounts > Add Account.
- Enter your OWA login credentials.
- Click Export and select PST format.
- Apply Advanced filters and hit Save.
Is There Any Manual Solution?
Although there is no direct manual method, one can try a workaround that will help you accomplish the task. In order to follow through with this method, you must have a desktop Outlook account. Here’s how to execute the technique.
- Start the MS Outlook application and click on File.
- Then, choose Add Account from the provided options.
- Next, provide your Outlook Web Mail address and click the Connect button.
- Look for the dialogue prompt “Account Successfully Added” and hit the Done button.
- Upon restarting Outlook, you will see a dialogue box saying “Outlook is setting up a local copy of your mailbox”.
- At last, choose “Send/Receive All Folders (F9)” to start adding emails to the Outlook desktop application.
Now that you are done with adding your OWA account to the desktop version of Outlook, You can use the Import/Export feature of Outlook to export the added emails in PST format.
Unfortunately, There are Limitations to This Method
- Tedious & Time Consuming: This manual method involves two different procedures, and thus, is extremely time taking. This makes users avoid this method in order to save their precious time.
- Requires Technical Expertise: To perform the manual solution, one must have the appropriate technical insight to understand and follow each step. Due to this, the method becomes complicated to understand for users.
- Outlook Dependent: To follow this method, one must have desktop Outlook installed beforehand. This method is impossible to follow for users who do not have a desktop Outlook account.
- Needs Manual Intervention: Since this is a manual method, it requires the user’s manual intervention at each step. Due to the lack of automation, this method becomes overwhelming and quite a hassle for users to follow through.
- Prone to Data Loss: As we know, this method required technical insight and manual intervention. Due to this, one could easily miss a few steps in between the procedure or make mistakes, especially novice users. One single mistake like this could lead to data loss.
As you have witnessed, there are drawbacks to this method that hinder it from becoming the preferred choice of users. Hence, we have brought you the utility handpicked by numerous technical experts.
Expert Solution to Create PST File in Outlook Web App
To avoid all the unnecessary hassle and trouble, we have brought you an expert favorite utility i.e., Corbett Outlook Backup Tool. This remarkable utility is fully equipped with well-designed features specially made to cater to all needs of users. It exports PST from OWA emails in an effortless and hassle-free manner. Moreover, it supports bulk export, due to which one can save a significant amount of time and effort. Along with that, this utility is fully supported by all versions of the Windows Operating System.
Detailed Steps to Export Emails From Outlook Web App to PST
- Download and install the expert utility on your Windows system and click on the Open button in the top-left corner.
- Next, select Email Accounts >> Add Account from the dropdown menu.
- Now, add your Outlook Web App login credentials in the required fields to add your OWA account with the software.
- Preview your uploaded mailbox in the dedicated panel with four view modes. Use the advanced filters as per your preference.
- Select the “Export” tab and choose the “PST” format to create PST file in Outlook Web App.
- Lastly, use the advanced options as you require and click the “Save” button.
And that is all for the hassle-free steps to export PST from Outlook Web App. Furthermore, there are numerous benefits of choosing the expert utility to accomplish the task. Let us proceed and have a look at them.
Advantages of Using the Expert Utility
- Bulk exports OWA Emails to PST: This astonishing software is highly capable of bulk exporting your Outlook web app emails. This feature greatly helps in saving time and effort for users. Thus, regardless of how many emails you want to export to PST format, you can do so easily with this tool.
- Auto-Detects and Loads Mailbox: You only need to enter your OWA username and password i.e., account credentials and the software will automatically load your entire mailbox into the preview panel. This feature is highly advantageous as it does not require manual configuration of accounts.
- Dedicated Preview Panel: This magnificent comes with a dedicated panel that previews your entire uploaded mailbox. It consists of four different modes that display different attributes of your email messages. The said four modes are Content, Message Header, Hex View, and Raw Message.
- Preserves Original Formatting & Hierarchy: The expert favorite utility preserves and maintains the original formatting and hierarchy of user OWA data. So, you can be sure that your OWA mailbox data structure will be untouched and unaltered throughout the backup process.
- Compatible with All Versions of Windows OS: Regardless of which version of Windows OS you use, this utility can be downloaded and used on any Windows machine without any issues. This is because this expert tool is compatible with all Windows (32-bit & 64-bit) versions.
So There You Have It
In this blog, we discussed how to create a PST file in Outlook Web App. We shared a manual solution as well as an expert-recommended utility to accomplish the task. Whichever solution you choose depends solely on your requirements and preferences.
Read More Articles:
- Resolve “Import Export Option Greyed Out in Outlook” Issue