How to Import EML Files to Outlook? Complete Guide
Summary: Are you looking to change your default email client to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 & 2016 and searching for a solution to import EML files to Outlook? Then, this blog is for you. Here, in this post, we have discussed best practices to batch import EML to Outlook with all attributes. So, without any further delay, let’s begin the post.
EML file is an extension for an email message. It contains the content of the message body, sender recipients, date and time, etc. EML files contain plain ASCII text for headers and main message body, hyperlinks, and attachments. We can add EML files to Outlook 2021 and below versions or in various programs such as MS Outlook, Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.
Manually Import EML Files into Outlook
All the listed steps are verified and performed in our own lab on different sample files. You can follow the steps and effortlessly import EML to Outlook. Steps may slightly differ in different Outlook versions. In some cases, the free manual method fails to import EML files to Outlook. All the reasons are mentioned below.
Requirements: Windows live mail and Exchange Server connection. Also, your EML files must be accessible in the WLM dashboard.
- Step-1: Launch Windows Live Mail, and click on the tab entitled File. Now, high-point the Export option and then, select email.
- Step-2: After you have done the above, choose your MS Exchange as your export option. Click Next.
- Step-3: After this, a pop-up is visible, which tells you that all your emails require to be exported to either your MS Outlook or your Microsoft Exchange. Click OK.
- Step-4: You now will have to import all your email folders or you will need to select the only appropriate folders which you need, to export the files via a select folder.
- Step-5: If you’re done with this step, click on OK. Now, you have to allow the export process to be efficiently completed.
- Step-6: After you are prompted by your export complete wizard, click the Finish button to import EML to Outlook.
Reasons Why Manual Procedure Might Fail
Standard or manual methods don’t always work. So, there are other means necessary. However, the following are the top reasons why you need to rely on a professional way to import EML Files to Outlook.
- You might be having a pretty high chance of losing your data since it cannot be assured that the data before you migrated, is to be the same post-migration. That being said, with the help of manual methods emails hardly import EML into Outlook.
- The entire manual process is slow as well as monotonous. The users usually possess a lot of EML files that they might want to open with Outlook. If this is the case, the manual method will take lots of time as well as hard physical work to import EML to Outlook.
- Moreover, you stand on the brink of losing your SMTP headers. The stratagem which we have placed before. May modify your SMTP header part of the EML file. Along with the header, there may be changes that might come forth in the meta properties in your EML files. If you are working on computer forensics, and the very character of the EML file is put in danger, especially, this may end up being a crucial or server problem and fails to import EML into Outlook
Expert Way to Import EML Files to Outlook
Since MS Outlook only allows importing one of its proprietary formats. Thus, first and foremost, you need to first convert your EML files to the appropriate format. After this use the Outlook import option and complete the EML to Outlook import process. To accomplish the conversion, the best utility in the market is EML to PST Converter by Corbett Software. This professional software provides you with the best solution to import EML into Outlook all editions.
With its simple GUI, both technical and non-technical users can easily understand the interface and can add EML to Outlook folders. We have provided software images along with the working steps for non-technical users to quickly complete the process. We know that users fear using Automatic tools as it is a complex interface with technical terms but with this tool, you don’t face such issues.
Step by Step Procedure to Import EML Files to Outlook
Follow the steps to complete the procedure to import EML to Outlook. Corbett guarantees for complete data migration with all associated attributes. In case of any help, you can take the help of experts 24X7. Just follow the steps and import EML files into Outlook.
- Step-1: Download & launch the software to your PC.
- Step-2: Run the software & Click on Open Tab stored in it.
- Step-3: Next Click on the Email Data File and Upload the EML File to the software.
- Step-4: The software will scan and display all the data stored in an EML file. Users can easily preview them as per requirements.
- Step-5: Afterward, click on the Export button and select PST format from the list.
- Step-6: Apply the advanced data filters accordingly, and click on the Save button to import EML files to Outlook.
Now you saved all your EML files into Outlook support data file format and you’re ready to import EML files to Outlook. Upon following all the above-mentioned steps, simply launch Microsoft Outlook and use the Import/Export option. If you don’t know how to use this inbuilt utility please refer Import PST to Outlook post.
Advantages of Using the Utility
- It allows the conversion of EML files into multiple file formats like HTML, MBOX, PDF, etc.
- This tool Transfers the EML files along with their respective images and attachments.
- The professional tool also allows the user to view the header details and other EML file attributes in the preview panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can I bulk import EML files to Outlook using the professional solution?
Answer 1: Yes, you can. The above-mentioned expert tool fully supports to bulk import EML to Outlook, thus, you can, without any worries, import your EML files to the email client.
Question 2: Does the tool alter the data integrity or formatting of my originally uploaded EML files?
Answer 2: No, it does not. The professional utility maintains and preserves the original structure and formatting of your originally uploaded EML files throughout the import EML to Outlook procedure.
Let’s Wrap Up
From the above post, we can evaluate that the manual methods are time-consuming and do not support bulk import EML files to Outlook. Furthermore, data integrity is not maintained, and the entire data set is not imported. Given the disadvantages, it is preferable to rely on a professional solution to import EML to Outlook all versions, which will ensure bulk files are imported with data integrity.
Read More Blogs: