How to Transfer Outlook Email to Gmail? Easy Solutions!
Emails are one of the most common modes of communication for professional and personal use, hence it is implicit that they contain a lot of important information for their users. Therefore, users require an email client that can better handle their data and make the working process effortless and efficient. Outlook and Gmail are two such email clients that fulfill these user requirements, however, many users want to transfer Outlook email to Gmail.
But why? And how to do it? Well, in this article we will provide answers to all your questions to migrate emails from Outlook to Gmail with easy and quick solutions.
Gmail vs Outlook – Best Option?
Both Outlook and Gmail are the popular choices among various email clients and both of them have their own benefits as per the user requirements. But, before you start the process to transfer Outlook email to Gmail, you should understand the major differences that you will encounter and have to adapt, with the help of the following difference table.
|Gmail is an email service offered by Google and is the largest email service with the most active users worldwide. It is accessible as a webmail and also through its official mobile application.
|MS Outlook is a popular email client offered by Microsoft primarily for businesses with various functions such as managing tasks, contacts, calendars, note-taking, etc.
|The emails are displayed in a conversation view which means that emails related to the same topic are grouped together as a single thread, thus making it more organized.
|In Outlook, users are habitual to see emails as individual messages and don’t offer filters and labels. In order to get the conversation view, users have to enable it manually from the Settings menu.
|It provides users an option to archive emails and add them to a private database without the need to delete them permanently.
|Outlook doesn’t provide the option to archive emails, instead, you can delete unwanted emails using its Clean Up function.
|Users can perform quick and accurate searches with the help of labels, folders, and marked emails.
|Users have to search for emails manually from the Folder pane in Outlook.
|It offers different filtering, labeling, and organizing options to categorize emails further based on specific criteria.
|Everything is folder-driven in Outlook, which means it organizes emails in the form of folders and sub-folders.
Manual Methods to Migrate Emails from Outlook to Gmail
Before starting the transfer process, you should keep in mind that if your mailbox is large, it will take some time for successful completion. Also, you should try to avoid using your email account during the process to transfer Outlook emails to Gmail and also get rid of spam and other unwanted emails.
Further, we have discussed the two manual methods, you can follow any of them as per your convenience.
Method I: Import Outlook Email to Gmail with Built-in Feature
- Open the web browser on your system, log into your Gmail account, and click on the “Gear” icon at the top.
- After this, click on the “See all Settings” option and move to the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Click on the “Import mail and contacts” link, enter your Outlook account credentials, and click on “Continue”.
- Now, follow the instructions in the popup window, specify the desired import options, and select the “Import Mail” option.
Method II: Export Outlook Emails to Gmail Using App
- Open the Outlook application on your system and then click on the “File” menu.
- Next click on “Open and Export” and then choose the “Import/Export” option.
- Now, choose the option “Export to a File”, select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” as the file type, and then click on the “Next” button.
- Select the email folder you want to export and choose the location to save the PST file by clicking on the “Browse” button.
- After this, you need to select the exported Outlook data file and then import the same into your Gmail account.
Expert Solution to Transfer Outlook Email to Gmail
We have discussed two different manual methods but none of them is efficient to successfully complete the transfer process without good technical knowledge. Therefore, the ideal solution for users to migrate emails from Outlook to Gmail with complete data security is the expert recommended Corbett IMAP Migration Tool.
The tool has the ability to migrate data from 100+ IMAP enabled email accounts to multiple file and document formats like PDF, HTML, TEXT, PST, MBOX, etc. It can transfer the data with complete accuracy and security while maintaining the email properties like Header, File Structure, and Folder Hierarchy.
Quick Steps to Export Outlook Emails to Gmail
Now, let us understand the step by step method that you have to follow in order to easily transfer Outlook email to Gmail.
- Launch the tool on your system and then the “Open” menu at the top left of your screen.
- Now go to “Email Accounts”, select the “Add Account” option, enter the login credentials, and then click on the “Add” button.
- Click on a particular email message in order to get a preview of its contents in the dedicated preview panel.
- Next, click on “Export” and under the “Email Services” section select the “Gmail” option.
- Use the “Advance Search” option to export only selected emails, enter Gmail account credentials, and then click on the “Save” button.
Exemplary Features of the Professional Tool
The tool has various exemplary features that make it an ideal choice for users to transfer Outlook email to Gmail, let us have a look at a few of them.
- The tool can migrate emails from 100+ IMAP enabled email accounts with its complete mailbox data into various file and document formats like PDF, HTML, TEXT, PST, MBOX, etc.
- Users can perform granular migration of emails, folders, mail accounts, etc. by using the Advance Search option in the software.
- It also has the capability to maintain complete email properties throughout the process like file structure, email header, and folder hierarchy.
- The tool has the ability to auto-detect the email server address and port number of all IMAP accounts and is fully compatible with all Windows OS versions.
In this article, we have discussed the easy and quick solutions for users who want to transfer Outlook email to Gmail, however, the manual methods do not offer an efficient solution for the same. Therefore, we have also discussed an alternate solution that is ideal for users to migrate their Outlook emails into Gmail account with complete accuracy and data security.