How to Convert VCF to CSV Format? Easy & Quick Solutions!
Summary: CSV (Comma Separated Values) and VCF (Virtual Contact File) are the most commonly used file formats for storing and transferring contact information from one service or application to another. There are different solutions available to convert VCF to CSV format. In today’s post, we are going to discuss a manual solution and vCard to CSV converter for instant conversion.
Due to the rapid change in technology, most users are switching from physical address books to digital contact formats like vCard and CSV. The problem arises when you need to access your address book data into another application or service that supports CSV files.
Most popular email clients and other platforms, including Microsoft Outlook, Google Contacts, or Apple Mail, use CSV file formats to store user contact information. So, it’s become necessary for users to convert their contacts into a format that can easily be imported into various email clients & applications.
In the next section, we will discuss different techniques to convert vCard to CSV format using reliable solutions. These are the topics we are going to cover throughout the post.
vCard to CSV Converter for Secure Contacts Conversion
If you are already aware of the consequences of the manual solution to convert VCF to CSV format and want a secure solution to complete the process, then continue with Corbett vCard Converter Tool.
It’s an expert-verified utility that allows the conversion of multiple VCF files to CSV format with all data fields. Additionally, the software is compatible with all versions of vCard 2.1, 3.0, & 4.0.
The software assures you complete VCF to CSV Conversion without any data loss. Not only this, the wizard is equipped with advanced functionalities that allow users to export vCard Contacts into email file formats, document formats, and Web & Desktop clients.
A demo edition of the software is available that lets users evaluate the toolkit performance without investing any amount. So, click on the given link below to download vCard to CSV Converter.
How Do I Convert vCard to CSV Format?
Follow the steps mentioned below to convert VCF Contacts to CSV format.
- Download VCF to CSV Converter & Install it on Windows OS.
- Click on “Open >> Email Data Files >> vCard Files. Use the Add File & Folder option to browse and upload VCF files.
- Next, the software will generate a preview of the VCF file with all data fields.
- Afterward, click on the Export button, and select the required option to convert VCF to CSV format.
- Last, apply the data filters, and click on the “Save” button to convert vCard to CSV format.
Prime Features of VCF to CSV Converter
Following are the functionalities, that a user will get with vCard Contacts to CSV Converter Software:
- Batch Conversion: The software is capable to batch convert VCF to CSV format with all data fields. Users can easily browse & upload multiple contacts files to the software panel.
- Vast Compatibility: The vCard to CSV Converter Tool supports all editions of VCF 2.1, 3.0 & 4.0. In addition to that the software is also compatible with all editions of Windows OS.
- Advanced Filter for Specific Output: The VCF to CSV Converter provides you with multiple data filters to customize the output. Users can easily apply the data filters as per their requirements.
- Dedicated Contact Preview Panel: The automated solution comes out with a preview panel that lets users view the contact details & raw vCard information.
Manual Solution to Convert VCF to CSV Format
To convert vCard to CSV manually, we are using the Windows Contacts Manager Import/Export functionality. Although, this solution might be tricky, and the process involves two different stages. So follow each step carefully.
- Open Run Command Prompt using Windows + R Key, and enter this path
- Next, you have to click on the import button listed on the navigation bar.
- Afterward, select the “vCard (VCF File)” option to import to Windows Contacts. Click “Import” to proceed.
- Select the required VCF files, and click on the “Open” button.
- All your vCard contacts will be transferred from the previous location to the Windows Contacts folder.
Now here step 1 ends to convert VCF to CSV format. In the next phase, users will export the Windows Contacts in CSV format. So, let’s check out the procedure.
- In the Windows Contacts Folder, click on the “Export” tab from the navigational panel.
- Select the export option as a CSV file, and click the “Export” button.
- Next, users have to browse the designation location and click on the “Save” button.
- Users can select the required vCard data fields to export them in CSV format.
- At last, click on the finish button, and a pop-up menu will appear with a successful message.
- Now, browse to the resultant data file location to view vCard contacts in a CSV file.
That’s all for the manual solution to convert vCard to CSV format. However, this solution is not reliable
vCard Contacts Vs CSV Contacts – A Quick Overview
|File Format||Virtual contact file||Plain text file with comma-separated values|
|Data Fields||Multiple data fields depend upon the version of the VCF file||Limited data fields|
|Compatibility||Works on android, email applications & other platforms||Widely compatible file, and can open with multiple applications and email clients.|
|Contact Information||Contain complete information with different data fields||Limited contact information|
|Storage Requirement||Requires more storage space compared to CSV||Require fewer storages space compare to vCard|
Questions? We Have Answers!
Q) Why is there a need to convert vCard to CSV format?
There are multiple reasons why you might need to convert VCF to CSV formats, such as compatibility, data analysis, data sharing, and editing.
Q) I have vCard 2.0 and 4.1. Does the software preserve all the data fields while exporting the data to CSV format?
Yes, the VCF to CSV converter maintains the contact data format. Also, it scans all the data and exports it in a CSV file with all the mapping fields.
Q) Can I convert multiple vCard files to CSV at once?
Yes, the vCard to CSV converter allows users to batch convert VCF to CSV format with all data fields.
Q) Can I Convert vCard to CSV Manually for Free?
Yes, can manually export vCard Contacts to CSV format, using the Windows File Explorer Contacts Options, and Text to Columns option in Excel Sheets.
So There You Have It
There is more than one way to convert VCF to CSV format. The methods included in this article are easy to follow. The contacts management software like vCard to CSV Converter makes it easy for all businesses to complete the process in an effective way. In addition, with the automated toolkit, you can easily import your contacts directly to over 100 web clients.
Also Read: Ways to Import VCF to Outlook 365