Complete Guide to Create OFT File in Outlook
An Overview of OFT File Format
OFT stands for Outlook File Template and as the name suggests, it is a predesigned template for creating an email, contact, calendar, journal, task, or note. Simply put, this pre-made template can be used as a foundation to start any new Outlook item.
Depending on the type of Outlook item you are creating, an OFT file can contain different components such as subject line, message body, recipient information, file attachments, appointment or meeting information, custom fields, CC and BCC fields, and task information. In summation, OFT files hold an important place for users. Furthermore, there are many reasons that elucidate the importance of OFT files. Now, let us move on and see how can you actually create an OFT in your Windows Outlook application.
How to Create OFT File in Outlook?
- Run Outlook on your system & choose “New Email”.
- Enter the different fields in the new email window.
- Next, click the File button on the menu bar.
- Click Save As & choose “Outlook Template (.oft)”.
- Click Save to store the created template.
Follow these above-mentioned steps to create OFT file in your Windows Outlook. Now let us move on and see how you can send an email with this Outlook file template.
Significance of OFT File
OFT files, without a doubt, are innately important to Outlook users. As stated above, they are pre-made templates created and used as a foundation for creating a new Outlook item, for instance, an email or appointment. There are a number of reasons why OFT files are of significant importance to MS Outlook users.
- Outlook File templates save time and effort for users.
- They make emails look beautiful and engaging.
- Users can make OFT for all Outlook items i.e., emails, appointments, tasks, etc.
Now that we know how you can create an OFT template, let us see how to send an email using an OFT template. Here’s a quick and simple tutorial for that.
Send an Email Using OFT Template
- Open and run your MS Outlook and select the Developer option on the Menu Bar.
- If you are not able to find the developer option, then right-click anywhere on the Menu Bar and select the Customize the Ribbon option.
- Upon doing that, check the box for developer options and click OK and you will see the Developer option on your Menu Bar.
- Now, click on Developer options >> Choose Form.
- Choose the User Template in the File System Option from the dropdown menu and click on the open button to continue.
- Next, select an OFT file and click on the Open button.
- Afterward, you will see an email message template that you can proceed to customize and send to people.
So these are the steps for sending an email using an OFT (Outlook File Template). Follow the above-given steps carefully to accomplish the task in an efficient manner.
Corbett Suggestion for Non-Outlook Users
Moreover, if you are not an Outlook user, and have been assigned the task to send emails to multiple people using an oft then this Corbett OFT Converter is for you. With this utility, you can convert the OFT into any format of your preference and proceed to open that format in its respective email client to send emails to other users. The solution is chosen time and again by countless technical professionals. It greatly helps users to successfully open OFT files without MS Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q-1: How do I create and export OFT files in Outlook?
A-1: Follow the instructions given below to create and export an OFT file in Outlook:
- Open MS Outlook on your system.
- Compose a new email and design your template.
- Once done finalize the content and format,
- Now, go to File >> Save As >> Outlook Template (*.oft).
- Click Save to Export the OFT template file using Outlook.
Q-2: How to Create Email Templates?
A-2: Here is a quick and simple tutorial on creating email templates in Outlook:
- Click on the “New Email” button.
- Now enter all the standard information for the template.
- Click on “File” and select “Save As”. Enter a preferred file name and save as the (.oft) file type. Make sure you save the file in the default location for Microsoft Templates.
- At last, close the email message and do not save it when prompted.
Q-3: What is an OFT file format?
A-3: An OFT aka Outlook file template is an email template created by MS Outlook. This format contains a pre-formatted layout for users to create custom messages with a similar appearance. This template allows users to save email message content and designs in a reusable format.
In this blog on “How to create OFT file”, we discussed how one can create a .oft file in MS Outlook and that too, in Windows OS. Along with that, we also shared how to send an email message using an OFT file as well. Moreover, we shared an expert-recommended solution for converting OFT files. We hope you found this article helpful.