Download Attachments from Thunderbird – A Quick Expert Solution
How Do I Download Attachment from Thunderbird?
Hi All, due to the sudden crashing of my system. So, now I would like to save attachments from Thunderbird. I know that Thunderbird stores all the information in MBOX format, But where are MBOX files located I don’t know. please suggest me the method to download email attachments from Thunderbird.
If you are searching for the same query to save attachments from Thunderbird, then you are landed in the right place. In this article, we discussed about some procedures to Thunderbird attachment.
Thunderbird is an open-source email client that stores emails and other mailbox item. Thunderbird preserves file’s integrity of email messages. Possibly there are two methods in order to download attachments from Thunderbird. Save them in the desired location like folder or desktop.
Reason Why to Extract Attachments from Thunderbird
Thunderbird profile contains thousand of emails in inbox. There are many connected objects in these files. You can attach any file and any time like Picture, document, image, Excel worksheet, PDF file, Rar, MSG file, EML file, PST file, OLM file, OST file, etc.
The attached files these types of file takes a lot of space in mailbox. It take time to open & load mailbox file into Thunderbird. However, whenever you restart Thunderbird, it take time to load mailbox.
How to Download Attachment from Thunderbird
The following are the step involved in free manual method for extracting the email attachment locally. Manage your Thunderbird emails with the help of add-ons , Thunderbird enables export all types of emails by using ad-on.
- You need to download an add-ons from Mozilla add-on library.
- Allow Mozilla Thunderbird to run the application and select the add-ons option.
- Move your cursor towards a gear icon and select install Add-Ons from file option.
- Search for downloaded file and then click on the Open button.
- In the opened software installation Dialogue box, click on the install button.
- You need to restart Mozilla Thunderbird application as required by the add-ons.
- Move your cursor on the folder from where you need to extract email attachments. Now, right-click on the folder and select Extract All Attachment to option.
- You choose the destination path where the email attachments can be stored or saved.
- At last, all your files will exported to be desired location.
Drawbacks of Manual Procedure
There are some drawbacks in a manual process to extract attachments from Thunderbird. The free procedure only works when you are using the latest version of thunderbird. It can only operate the Thunderbird 2.0 to 16.0 versions. Where it cannot operate 17.0 and above versions of Mozilla Thunderbird. It also consumer a lot of time to complete the procedure and manual procedure generate a little risk of data loss. If you are not a technical user then it also creates a problem.
Also Read: How to Download Attachments from Outlook
Alternative to Download Attachments from Thunderbird
The Corbett Software brings you the easy solution related to your query which can efficiently download attachments from Thunderbird. Email Attachment Extractor verified by the IT experts. It’s eligable to extract attachments of any size and format.
Instructions to Save Attachments from Thunderbird
Follow the steps to complete the process to download attachments from Thunderbird
- Download the tool and Install on your Windows computer system.
- Click on Open button and either Select Desktop Email Client after that click on Thunderbird Account. After that provide login credentials.
- Then, the tool will include complete data into software panel. Now click on the Extract button from menu bar and click on Attachments.
- Now browse the destination location to save the downloaded attachments from Thunderbird account.
- After completing, visit to the browsed location and view all attachments on one folder.
For Thunderbird Users: Users also search for Thunderbird download emails, to save Thunderbird attachments from multiple emails.