How to Export GoDaddy Emails to Gmail- Guaranteed Solution
Looking to transfer Godaddy emails to Gmail? Look no further. This article explores the top solutions to export emails from Godaddy to Gmail. In this article, we will share three different solutions to accomplish the task. We will explain different manual solutions and along with that, an expert recommendation for a smooth and hassle-free process. So, let’s dive right in.
GoDaddy is the most prominent services platform that constitutes integrated benefits like web hosting, domain registration website builder, digital marketing, and social media marketing. GoDaddy focuses on personal and small business survival, not the government or big enterprises.
On the other hand, Gmail is the free webmail service provided by Google. It is known for its wide range of services like cloud storage of 15 GB, security, easy accessibility, and many more. Provides integrated applications like Google Drive, Calendars, Contacts, Photos, etc. Serves small, medium, and large enterprises.
On comparing both email applications, it has been that GoDaddy and Gmail both are competitive. However, Gmail gives more advanced features with auto-updates, and more specifically it’s free of cost. That’s why a lot of users are looking for a way to migrate GoDaddy email to Gmail account.
Why Users Want to Transfer Email from GoDaddy to Gmail Account?
GoDaddy does not contain any robust support system. Whenever the problem arises, and the user raises a trouble ticket, it takes more than 48 hours to answer the query. It also involves restoration fees.
Whenever there is an issue with the website, it demands money which is more than a reasonable amount. There is no technical resource or contact person available with whom you can discuss the concern. All such minor errors lead users to export GoDaddy emails to Gmail account.
Move Emails from GoDaddy to Gmail with POP
In this manual approach, we will use the built-in features of Gmail to accomplish the task. This solution consists of three parts: enabling POP in the Godaddy mail client, enabling POP in the Gmail account, and finally adding Godaddy emails to the Gmail account. Follow the provided instructions to execute the solution.
Part #1 – Enable POP in Godaddy Mail Client
- Log into your Godaddy account and navigate to the POP settings option.
- Enter the server details as mentioned here:
- Incoming Server: POP.secureserver.net SSL Value: 993
- Outgoing Server: smtp.securityserver.net SSL Value: 465
- Upon doing so, click the Save icon.
- Then, from the authorization tab, enter the login details of your Godaddy account.
- Finally, click the Save button to save all the changes made.
Part #2 – Enable POP in Gmail Account
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on the Setting Gear icon and select “See all Settings”.
- Next, select the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” option.
- Then, enable the POP option and disable the IMAP one.
- Lastly, click on the “Save Changes” option.
Part #3- Enable POP in Godaddy Mail Client
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on the Settings Gear icon and choose the “See All Settings” option.
- Select “Accounts and Import” >> “Add Another Email Address”.
- Next, provide the login details of your Godaddy mail account.
- Upon doing so, you will receive a passcode. Enter that passcode in the required field and your account will be successfully connected.
These are the steps to manually migrate your Godaddy email data to your Gmail account. Unfortunately, this method comes with certain limitations which we will further discuss in the article. Now, let’s move on to the second manual approach you can opt for to accomplish the task.
Transfer GoDaddy Emails to Gmail Using MS Outlook
In this manual approach, you need to enable IMAP access and generate an App Password. This approach is also divided into three parts which we will further explain. Here is how to execute this solution.
Important Note: Users must have MS Outlook and GWMMO Tool installed on their systems before executing the solution and before connecting their Gmail account to any application and or any email client.
Part #1- Add GoDaddy to MS Outlook
- Log into your MS Outlook account.
- Next, click File >> Add Account.
- Then, enter your GoDaddy email account credentials.
- Lastly, Set up all the POP and IMAP settings and hit the Finish button to transfer Godaddy emails to Gmail.
Part #2- Export GoDaddy Emails from Outlook Mail Client
- Log into your MS Outlook account.
- Click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select the “Export to a File” option from the provided list.
- Next, select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option and click “Next”.
- Select the connected GoDaddy folder and click “Next”.
- Lastly, browse and set the preferred destination for the resultant files and click Finish.
Part #3- Transfer Emails from GoDaddy to Gmail with GWMMO
- Install the GWMMO Tool. Log into your Gmail account and click on “Continue”.
- Click the “Allow” button to grant all the required permissions.
- Choose whether you want to upload data from an Outlook profile or a PST file.
- Now, select the data you want to migrate and hit the “Migrate” button.
- Upon doing so, you will receive a confirmation message, there, click on the “OK” button.
And you’re done with the steps to export your GoDaddy email data to Gmail using the GWMMO Tool. However, this second manual approach is also associated with numerous limitations. We have shared the limitations of the manual approaches in the following segment.
Drawbacks Associated with Manual Solutions
- The manual solutions involve a lot of steps which makes them extremely lengthy, and thus, tiresome and tedious for users to perform.
- In addition to that, the above-shared approaches are quite complicated as they involve different parts which may confuse users during the execution.
- The second manual approach is dependent on applications like MS Outlook email client and the GWMMO Tool. Without installing those beforehand, users cannot approach the method.
As you see, these limitations make these manual solutions unattractive and burdensome choices for users. Therefore, technical professionals recommend using an automated solution. Check out the next segment for an expert-recommended solution.
Expert Solution on Exporting Emails from GoDaddy to Gmail
Migrating email data from one platform to another is no easy task, therefore, numerous technical professionals recommend their trusted favorite Corbett GoDaddy Email Backup Tool. The utility is proficient in migrating GoDaddy emails in batch mode. Along with that, it maintains 100% data integrity throughout the transfer process. Moreover, the tool is fully compatible with all Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and prior versions.
Steps to Transfer GoDaddy Email to Gmail Using the Expert Utility
- Install and Launch the GoDaddy to Gmail Migration Tool
- Go to the ‘Open’ tab, select ‘Email Accounts’, and then click on ‘Add Account’.
- An ‘Add Email Account’ window would open where you need to enter the credentials like email ID and password. Then, click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Next, the software will analyze your account and generate a preview of data files stored in it.
- Afterward, go to the “Export Button” and click on “Gmail” from the list.
- In the next windows click on the ‘Save’ button which is located in the top right corner of the software window. By clicking on the ‘Save’ button, you have completed the process to export GoDaddy emails to your Gmail account.
Upon completing all the steps, you can open and check the exported emails in the Gmail account.
So There You Have It
In this article, we shared the top solutions to transfer GoDaddy emails to Gmail. We shared different manual solutions as well as an automated solution. Unfortunately, the manual approaches are burdened with a myriad of drawbacks, thus, technical professionals suggest users go with the above-mentioned expert utility to export emails from GoDaddy to Gmail account securely and reliably.