How to Secure Gmail Account From Hackers? – Solved
This technical write-up to guide you on how to secure Gmail account from hackers. We have shared various security measures you can implement and one expert recommendation to protect Gmail account from hackers. So keep reading and find out the best solutions and recommendations out there.
Over the years, Gmail has formed an important place in our lives. Whether it is bank statements or job confirmations or be it account verification, we use Gmail for various deeds. Thus, undoubtedly, a lot of our personal and sensitive information is stored there. As we know, Gmail is a cloud-based email client which means it stores all our data on its server. So, let’s know how to secure Gmail account from hackers.
Undoubtedly, Google itself follows numerous security measures to keep its customers and their data secure. However, you never know when adversity might occur. In today’s age, where cyber attacks are growing more common with each passing day, one must take appropriate measures to ensure the security of their personal sensitive data. So, let’s get started with the actions to implement in order to assure the safety of Gmail accounts from hackers.
How to Protect Gmail Account from Hackers?
- Use a strong password
- Enable Two factor authentication
- Check account activities
- Regularly Backup your data
So, these are the topmost solutions in order to secure Gmail account from hackers. Let us expand further on each of these above-mentioned methods and see how they help you in protecting your Gmail account against hackers.
Use a Strong Password
Would you believe it if we told you that 23 million account users have 123456 as their password? Moreover, 51% of people use the same password for their work and personal accounts. These types of accounts can be easily hacked with an SQL injection or a Brute Force attack. So, to save yourself and your account from getting hacked, you must use a strong password.
Enable Two Factor Authentication
Although Gmail practices numerous security guidelines to keep its users safe from any sort of cyber attack. However, it is essential that users also take steps to safeguard themselves from any data or identity harm. For that, Gmail provides the Two Factor Authentication feature. It is like adding an extra layer of protection to your Gmail account. You can enable two-factor authentication for your Gmail account in your security settings.
Check Your Account Activities
Regularly checking your account activities to secure Gmail account is a good internet hygiene practice. Do make sure to check if there is any suspicious activity going on in your account i.e. your account being logged in overseas. You can do so in your security settings.
Bonus Tip: Expert Recommendation to Secure Gmail Account from Hackers
No one is waiting around for the worst to happen. Thus, take the step to backup your precious data right this instant. Moreover, it is a highly beneficial practice to maintain cybersecurity hygiene. And for that, we have brought this expert-recommended Corbett Gmail Email Backup Software. Let’s checkout some extraordinary features of this software.
Advantages of Using The Expert Software
- Efficiently Backs Up Multiple Emails: This splendid software is more than efficient in backing up multiple Gmail emails in one go. So, no matter even if you want to back up your entire mailbox to secure your Gmail account, you can do so with this amazing utility.
- No File Size Restriction: There is No Limitation on the size of your data files. Thus, you can download and locally back up even large-sized files without any difficulty.
- Maintains File Structure & Hierarchy: Assures 100% Data Integrity and Ethicality while backing up the user’s mailbox. One can be sure to receive the resultant data with unaltered integrity.
- Backs Up Entire Mailbox: Not just emails but this utility also backs up other Gmail element folders. For instance, Contacts, Email Addresses, etc. So, you don’t have to worry if any elements are going to be left behind during the backup.
- Multiple Search Filters: This software provides two different search settings and hence, it is capable of sorting emails based on multiple stipulations to secure your Gmail account from hackers.
- Compatible with Windows OS: One can use this utility on any Windows system, and that too, without any difficulty, as this tool is fully compatible with all versions of the Windows OS.
So There You Have It
Since Gmail is a cloud-based email client, it is essential to take security measures in order to secure Gmail account from hackers. With cyberattacks on the rise, every user must take the initiative to safeguard their data. Therefore, we have brought you multiple tips to apply as well as a smart and professional solution to accomplish the task.