How to Restore OST File in MS Outlook?
Throughout the article, we are going to discuss how to restore OST file. In this article, we are going to share several methods you can opt for in order to restore or rebuild your OST files. So, without further ado, let’s get started with the article and see which method turns out to be the best fit for you.
OST aka the Offline Storage Table is one of the proprietary formats of MS Outlook. It is used for Exchange Server and Offline mode. Often times users are faced with issues like OST has reached maximum size limit & file corruption and due to that, they need to restore the data of their OST files.
Therefore, we have drafted this technical writeup to share methods with you on how you can restore or rebuild OST file in an efficient way. In this article, we have shared both manual as well as professional methods to help you accomplish the task.
Restore OST by Archiving the Data
The first method to restore OST file is to achieve the data. Here is how to execute the process.
- Launch MS Outlook on your computer.
- Head to the File tab and click the Archive option.
- Next, Browse a preferred destination location where you can save an Outlook (.pst) file.
- At last, click Finish to initiate the archive process.
So this was the tutorial on archiving your data in order to restore OST file. Now, let us move further and check out other manual solutions on accomplishing the task.
Use the Import/Export Wizard to Restore Outlook OST File
For the next manual approach, we will use the in-built Import/Export Wizard to restore the OST file data. Follow the given instructions to execute the process.
- Start and open MS Outlook on your desktop.
- Then, head to File and select the Import/Export option.
- When the Import/Export Wizard opens, select “Export to a File” option.
- Afterward, choose the “Outlook Data File” option to save your file into PST format.
- Next, check the box for the “Include Subfolders” option.
- Lastly, click on Finish to start the export process. Upon doing so, you can open the OST file in MS Outlook.
Utilize the Drag & Drop Feature
- First and foremost, create an empty PST file.
- Now, using the drag & drop option, drag the desired mailbox folder/s and drop them in the newly created PST file.
And that is all for this manual technique, however, there is a limitation associated with it. Using this manual method, you can only restore the email messages of the OST file i.e., you cannot restore other items like contacts, notes, calendars, etc. with this approach. Moreover, if the mailbox size is large, then this process will become extremely time consuming.
The Expert Solution on Restoring Outlook OST Files
Since the manual methods carry a lot of drawbacks, technical professionals recommend users go for an automated solution. The best recommendation to accomplish the task securely is Corbett OST to PST Converter. The software carries out the execution in a smooth and simple way that even novice users can restore their OST data easily. Along with that, it packs a plethora of extensive features that add to its overall functionality. The dual search settings help in selective restoration as well. It is also compatible with all Windows OS versions, thus, you can use it on any Windows computer without facing any compatibility issues. Simply put, the qualities of this tool are what make it an expert-favorite. Now let us move ahead and check out the working of the tool.
Steps to Restore OST File Using the Automated Tool
- Download and install the utility on your Windows computer/laptop. Click the “Open” tab on the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, select Email Data Files >> Outlook OST File from the dropdown list.
- Browse and load your desired OST file and preview the data in the dedicated panel of the tool.
- Now, click on the Export tab and select the PST option from the dropdown list.
- Use the preferred from the provided advanced options and click on the Save button.
And you are done with restoring OST file data using the expert-recommended automated software. With these quick and easy steps, the process gets way to efficient and smooth-sailing for users to perform. Once you are done with the process, you can easily then import PST to Outlook. Moreover, the utility provides numerous features and benefits to its users as well. Let us know more about the benefits in the following segment of this article.
Advantages of Using the Astonishing Utility
- It changes the OST file format into Outlook appropriate format in a smooth and proficient manner.
- Unlike manual methods, the tool also converts OST contacts, calendars, and notes along with email messages.
- One can also export multiple OST files in one go using this expert software, and that too, without any issues.
- The utility ensures maintaining the data integrity and folder hierarchy intact throughout the conversion process.
- It is fully compatible with all versions of Windows Operating System, thus, one can use it on any Windows machine.
So There You Have It
In this article, we discussed how to restore OST file. To accomplish the task, we discussed various methods, both manual and automated. Unfortunately, the manual methods come with limitations that make them an unappealing choice for users. Therefore, technical professionals suggest you go for an automated utility for better and reliable results.