How to Transfer Cox Email to Gmail? Best Guide
Cox email is an online email service provided by the American company Cox Communications well known for its telecommunication services. But in recent times many of its users have started facing some issues with its services and thus they want to transfer to some other email service like Gmail. As a solution to this problem, we will discuss the top solutions that can be used to easily transfer Cox email to Gmail account.
Why do Users want to Forward Cox to Gmail?
Gmail is one of the largest email services that provides email storage in the cloud with a very low cost and zero maintenance. Hence you can have access to all your emails, documents, events, etc. from anywhere and anytime as long as you have an internet connection. There are multiple reasons why users want to transfer Cox email to Gmail, let us discuss a few of them here.
- Gmail offers free 15 GB storage to each of its users and you can access its service from anywhere on both iOS and Android devices.
- It provides users with better security features and has the ability to scan emails for viruses, phishing, scams, etc.
- Gmail offers a very user-friendly interface with the help of labels replacing conventional folders which provides a better way of organizing, forwarding, and deleting emails.
Hence, let us have a look at the solutions to safely forward Cox to Gmail, in the next section.
Manual Solution to Transfer Cox Email to Gmail
- Open your web browser, log into your Gmail account, and click on the gear icon to “See All Settings”.
- In the settings page, go to the tab representing “Accounts and Import” and then click on the “Add a Mail Account” link.
- Now, enter the email address of your Cox.net webmail account and then click on “Add Mail Account”.
- Next, you will be prompted to a page where you have to log into your Cox webmail.
- After this, you will be returned to the Gmail settings page, then click on the “Save” button to complete the process.
The manual solution on how to transfer Cox email to Gmail is a very time-consuming and complicated process thus it requires someone with good technical knowledge to complete it successfully without any data loss. But you need not worry as in the next section we will discuss an expert solution to transfer your Cox emails.
Forward Cox to Gmail using Professional Software
As the manual solution to transfer Cox email to Gmail isn’t very effective you can thus, take the help of the expert-suggested professional software for a successful transfer of your Cox.net webmail. The Corbett IMAP Migration Tool allows users to migrate emails from supportive IMAP accounts while maintaining the email header, file structure, and folder hierarchy.
Quick Steps to Transfer Cox Email to Gmail
So let us move on to the quick steps discussed below that you can follow to easily forward Cox to Gmail.
- Open the professional software on your system, go to the left menu bar, and click on the “Open” button.
- In the drop-down list click on the “Email Accounts” option and then select “Add Account”.
- Further, enter your Cox “Email Address” and “Password” and after that click on the “Add” button.
- You can use the “Advance Search Option” for filtering the emails as per the specified date and apply other filters by clicking on the “Emails” checkbox.
- From the top bar click on “Export” and then select “Gmail” from the “Email Services” section.
- Next, add the “Username” and “Password” of your Gmail account and then click on the “Save” button.
Note: You have to generate and enter the App Password in the password section and not your regular email account password.
Reasons to Use the Professional Software
There are plenty of reasons why you should choose to transfer Cox email to Gmail using this professional software, let us have a look at a few of them.
- The software lets users migrate emails from 100+ IMAP accounts with the complete data of the mailbox into multiple file and document formats like EML, MBOX, PST, PDF, CSV, etc.
- Users can take the help of the Advance Search option to filter the emails in their mailbox by date, name, subject, cc, etc.
- The software has a feature to maintain the complete email properties like email header, folder hierarchy, and file structure and you can also pause and resume the migration process.
- It is compatible with all Microsoft Windows old and latest versions and has the ability to auto-detect the port numbers and email server address of all IMAP accounts.
Many users have the query on how to transfer Cox email to Gmail and thus, to help them we have provided the best solutions in this article. But, the manual solution is not an ideal solution for users as it requires someone with good technical knowledge. Thus, you can take the help of the professional software discussed in the article that is recommended by experts to safely forward Cox to Gmail.