Export Bulk Emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail Easily – Solved
There are times when users look for a solution about how to migrate Windows Live Mail to Gmail. However, it gets a little difficult to find the perfect fix for the same. Hence in this blog, we have compiled all the possible solutions to export Windows Live Mail data to Gmail.
Gmail is one of the most popular email services, which is there in the market and almost everyone has more than one Gmail mailbox. Well, fortunately, Google Gmail had no problem with this, but security is always a concern when it is about intimate data. Therefore, most users are finding ways to export Windows Live Mail to Gmail, which is online.
Reasons for Transferring Windows Live Mail to Gmail
Microsoft has offered a sophisticated desktop email client named Windows Live Mail in order to replace Outlook Express. With the availability of this application, users get many fine programs, including Live Writer, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, etc.
Unfortunately, the suite is not upgraded since 2012 but users do have an option to access it to download emails with the help of any email service. One of the drawbacks of Windows Live Mail is that it fails to support application programming interfaces. However, Microsoft has an option to update this service but they wanted users to switch to another email service.
When it comes to mail, it is a cloud-based serv+36ce that offers all the services including Calendars, Google docs, etc. Hence, it is mandatory for users to make a shift between Windows Live Mail to Gmail in order to avail all the extraordinary features.
Best Ways to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Gmail
But before heading onto the solution, let us understand why users are exporting from Windows Live Mail to Gmail.
- Transfer Windows Live Mail to Gmail Manually for Free
- Import Windows Live Mail to Gmail – 100% Safe Solution
Method 1: – Export Windows Live Mail to Gmail Manually
The manual method is not a trusted and suggested way. You can perform the below-mentioned steps at your own risk and export Windows Live Mail data to Gmail.
- Step 1: You will first have to set Gmail as an IMAP account in your Windows Live Mail
- Step 2: Visit the folder from where you wish to copy the emails
- Step 3: Then, highlight them
- Step 4: Now, select all in order to highlight all
- Step 5: Then, drag the messages from the folder to the Gmail mailbox and drop those message
- Step 6: If you want to export emails to the Gmail inbox, you need to select ‘Inbox’
- Step 7: In case you want them to come in the sent mail, tap on the ‘Sent Mail’ folder
Method 2: – Migrate Windows Live Mail to Gmail Automatically
Well, if you are one of those who do not want to execute the lengthy process, then this is what you should go for. There is an amazing software named Corbett Email Backup & Restore Wizard. Windows Live Mail to Gmail Migration, It can be done by using IMAP Email Migration Tool. which is a perfect solution to all your problems. Being one of the trusted solutions, it can do a lot for you and will help you get rid of the limitations that come with the manual approach. Before getting ahead.
Steps to Migrate from Windows Live Mail to Gmail
let us understand how the tool works and how can you get this on your device:
- Step 1: Download and Install Corbett Software on your system.
- Step 2: Launch the software in your system and there, you will find the ‘Open’ button on the top left of the screen. Click on that
- Step 3: After that, a list will come in front of you. Out of which, you need to tap on Email Data Files and Go to ‘EML files’ and then click on Choose Folders.
- Step 4: Visit the source location where all the EML files have been stored and Select all the files and then click on ‘open.’
- Step 5: Once done, look at the Export option available on the top left of the screen. Click on that and Then, tap on ‘Gmail’
- Step 6: After that, you will be asked your email address and password. Simply enter your Gmail credentials over there and click on ‘Save’ or press ‘Enter’
- Step 7: Open your Gmail account and check for ‘Exported EML files’ and you will find all the files there.
Note: – You have successfully migrated complete data from your Windows Live Mail to your Gmail account. You can also read Migrate Network Solutions Email to Thunderbird.
The limitation of the manual method is that one needs to have proper technical knowledge for performing this process. Other than this, it is a lengthy and time-consuming process, and only when you invest enough time, the results will be efficient. So, it is not recommended way to export Windows Live Mail to Gmail.
After going through the entire blog, you must have understood that there is both a manual and automated way of exporting bulk emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail. But, there are certain limitations associated with the manual method and hence it is always recommended to go for the automated approach and export Windows Live Mail data to a Gmail account.