Export Windows Live Mail to Office 365 with Emails, Contacts, Calendars
Office 365 is a widely used and well-known email application that is recognized for its advanced features. It provides free cloud storage for 5 GB. Which can be enhanced with different pricing plans. It provides a secure environment with easy accessibility from anywhere around the globe. However, Windows Live Mail is a desktop client email application. It does not offer the features competitive to Office 365.
As Office 365 provides flexibility and scalability with secured features, this has urged the users for looking to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Office 365.
Several Reasons to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365
There are various reasons why users want to export emails from Windows live mail to Office 365. Some common reasons we mentioned below:
- Exchange Office 635 Flexibility: Office 365 application is simple to opt for and can be used via its web UI, or on the mobile app. On another side, the Windows Live Mail email is limited at the client end or to the web interface.
- Sharing Service: Microsoft Office 365 provide separate file-sharing options. which you can easily transfer or share any of the files.
- WorldWide Approach: Office 365 is the default application that can be accessible all over the world. On other hand, Windows Live Mail has to be accessible for the same with the practice of further email applications and options.
Multiple Methods to Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to Office 365
There are two different methods to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to Office 365. Both the methods are practicable for users.
- Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Non-Automatic Solution
- Migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Master Solution
Both the methods are explained in detail. You can opt for any method according to your need. Automatic or using a third-party tool gives you a safe and secure result as compared to the manual way.
Method 1: – Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Manually for Free
Step 1: Migrate Mails from Windows Live Mail to Your Outlook
- Open the ‘Windows Live Mail account
- Go to ‘File’, choose ‘Export Email’ and then click on ‘Export Messages’
- Select ‘Exchange Server’ and click on the ‘Next button. Now, the confirmation window opens, click on ‘Yes’
- Choose ‘Windows Live Mail Folder’ and then click on the ‘OK’ button
- By doing so, all the EML files get transferred into PST Outlook
Step 2: Migrate Emails Using Import/Export Wizard
- Select ‘File’>’Open & Export’>’Import/Export’
- Choose ‘Export to a file and then click on the ‘Next button
- Choose the file type as ‘Outlook Data File(.pst)’ and then click on the ‘Next button
- Select the folder to export from and then, click on the ‘Next button
- Browse the destination location to Save the exported PST files and then, lastly click on the ‘Finish’ button
Step 3: Import PST Files into Your Office 365 Account
Now, it’s time to import PST files into Office 365. This can be done by two possible methods.
The two possible methods are given as under:
- 1. Network Upload Method
- 2. Drive Shipping
The above mentioned are the two methods provided by Microsoft for its users. Using any one of the methods above, the user can perform the migration of PST files into Office 365.
Limitations of Using Non – Automatic Solution
- It is quite a lengthy and complex process.
- It requires technical knowledge and hence, the technical experts can deal more effectively than a novice user.
- Any human error can lead to loss of data
- It is a tedious and time-consuming process.
Method 2: Automated Way to Switch from WLM to M365
The automated solution has come into being due to the rising needs and demand of the users to export Windows Mail to Office 365. The experts have come up with Corbett Software Email Migration Tool. Which is tested and verified by IT Admins plenty of times. With its simple UI, Users can easily connect with the user-friendly interface.
Migrate ton emails from Windows live mail to Office 365 directly without any fear of data loss, security, and difficulties. It maintains exported emails folder hierarchy and file structure. Convert your Windows live mail into different file formats.
Steps to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Office 365 Automatically
All the steps are verified by IT experts and you can perform them easily.
1: Download and install the tool into your Windows Operating System
2: Click on the ‘Open’ tab from the top of the software window page
3: Go to ‘Desktop Email Clients’, choose ‘Windows Live Accounts’, and then click on ‘Choose folder’
4: Now, the Windows Live Mail EML files can be selected from the default storage location, and then they will get loaded on the software
4.1: The software will generate a preview of data files stores in it.
5: Click on the ‘Export’ tab on top of the window
6: Choose the email service as ‘Office 365’.
7: Now, in the Office 365 Export Options, enter the username and password of your Office 365 account. Then, click on ‘Save’
8: Now, the tool will validate the credentials and then, display that ‘Messages have been exported successfully’.
9: You can now click on the ‘Open Office 356’ icon on the top right corner of the software page and view the output.
Your complete data is migrated to your Office 365 account. It is a trusted and verified solution to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Office 365 accounts. Read related topics on Export Emails from Windows Live Mail to Gmail.
WellSpreing Features of This Utility
- The tool directly export emails from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft 365 Account without disturbing the Folder hierarchy and file structure
- It ensures complete data integrity of the migrated EML files
- Migrate Windows Live mail into different file formats such as PDF, HTML, etc or Export emails to another email client
- It allows extracting the particular email items like contacts, addresses, and attachments without any data loss
- There is no file size limitation by using the automated toolkit.
In the above blog, the basic mindset of the users for migrating from Windows Live Mail to Office 365 has been discussed. There are possibly two methods to address this query of the users. However, the other method is a manual method which is quite cumbersome. So, keeping in mind the scarcity of time, energy, and best results, the automated tool is the best to go for. Although you may try the free trial version and decide the best solution.