How to Convert Windows Mail to PST Format? Expert Guide
This article explores the top solutions to convert Windows Mail to PST. To accomplish the task, we will share a step-by-step guide on both manual and automated procedures. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive into the article and see which method better caters to your requirements.
Windows Mail client is an app for moderate email usage and managing multiple accounts. However, users tend to switch from here to other email clients for better facilities. Thus, we have drafted this technical write-up to guide you on converting and exporting your Windows Mail data to PST format efficiently.
Why Import Windows Mail to MS Outlook?
- Outlook offers enhanced security features and facilities in comparison to Windows Mail or any other mail client across the globe.
- Users get more customization options with Outlook in comparison to the Windows Mail App, thus, they prefer to switch.
- It is also seamlessly integrated with other Microsoft apps for smooth real-time collaboration. On the other hand, the Windows Mail app doesn’t offer any such integrations.
These are some of the top reasons why users get the urge to export Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Moving further, let us see what approach you could execute to accomplish the conversion.
How to Export Mail Out Of Windows 10 Mail App? – Manual Approach
- Launch the Windows 10 Mail app and open the email message you wish to export.
- Click on the menu icon (three vertically stacked dots) and select the “Save As” option from the dropdown.
- Upon doing so, a pop-up dialogue box will appear. There, provide a File Name for the resultant file.
- Lastly, click on the “Save” button and your Windows Mail email message will be saved in EML file format.
- Repeat these steps for each email message you wish to export.
This is the manual approach to exporting your emails out of the Windows Mail app. Upon exporting your Windows 11 Mail app emails in EML format, you must convert them to PST format with a reliable automated solution to get the desired results. As you see, using this approach, you will get your exported emails in the EML file format. This makes this semi-automatic approach incomplete and tedious for users to execute. Now, let’s have a look at some of the common limitations of this approach.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approach
- It is an incomplete method as it exports the Windows Mail app emails in EML file format rather than directly to PST.
- You can only export one email to EML format at a time from the Windows 10 Mail app which makes the method tiring and cumbersome for users to execute.
- To convert your resultant exported files to PST format, you need to find a reliable automated solution, which makes the solution time-consuming and complicated.
These restrictions hinder this solution from becoming an appealing choice for users to export Windows Mail to PST format.
Important Note: If you have limited Windows Mail data that you want to convert to PST, then go for a reliable, expert-suggested EML to PST Converter. It also comes in handy when you do not have an IMAP-configured account. You can simply upload your exported Windows Mail app files into the software and have them exported into the PST format.
Not being able to directly convert Windows Mail data to PST using a manual method is quite frustrating, right? Don’t worry! In the following segment, we have brought you an expert recommendation that will help you accomplish the task in a smooth and hassle-free manner.
Expert Solution to Successfully Export Windows 11 Mail to PST File
Successfully back up your Windows Mail data to a PST File with the expert favorite Corbett IMAP Backup Tool. This software is loaded with the best-in-class features that add to its overall functionality and make it an expert favorite. The tool comes with a dedicated panel that previews the uploaded user data in four different view modes. It is highly capable of uploading the mailbox data of the configured Windows Mail account on the same computer. This software is also fully compatible with all Windows OS versions including the latest Windows 11 and all the prior versions.
Steps to Convert Windows Mail to PST Format
- Download and launch the software on your Windows system.
- Click Open >> Desktop Email Clients >> Windows Live Accounts >> Choose Configured Account.
- Once your account is added to the software, preview your Windows 10 Mail data in the dedicated panel of the software.
- Afterward, click on the “Export” button and select the “PST” format from the provided dropdown options.
- Apply the preferred advanced options and lastly, click on the “Save” button.
That is all for converting your Windows 10 Mail emails to PST using a secure and reliable solution. Furthermore, this solution provides some of the best-class features that make it an expert favorite. We have shared some of those highlighted features in the following segment.
Amazing Highlights of the Utility
- It is highly proficient in backing up Windows Mail app data by converting it into PST file format. Thus, making it extremely simple to transfer Windows Live Mail to new computer.
- The tool comes with a dedicated panel to preview Windows Mail app mailbox data in four different view modes; making it easier to export Windows Live Mail email to Office 365 account efficiently.
- This utility is capable of automatically detecting IMAP-configured Windows 11/10 Mail accounts on the system.
- This expert-favorite tool is compatible with all Windows OS versions, whether it’s the latest Windows 11 or any other prior version.
So There You Have It
In this article, we shared how to convert Windows Mail to PST. Here, we shared both manual and automated procedures to accomplish the desired results. Unfortunately, the manual solution is ridden with several restrictions and drawbacks that make it an unappealing choice for users. Hence, for a secure and reliable process, technical professionals recommend users go for the aforementioned automated utility.