Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019, 2013, 2010 Manually
Windows Live Mail is discontinued and is no longer supported by Microsoft. So, it is recommended to make a shift from WLM emails. Many users has already made a switch from WLM to Outlook account . So they continuously looking for the most reliable solutions. To know all possible solutions to export Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 we mentioned two ways manually and third-party utility.
Microsoft Outlook requires low maintenance and provides security features in contrast to Windows Live Mail. Outlook has a unique feature to add the email accounts of other domains for better data management.
Due to the varied and advanced features of Outlook, the users of Windows Live Mail are shifting to the former email account. But during the migration, they face plenty of challenges. So to remove their worries we recommend you the finest solution.
Supreme Methods to Migrate Windows Live Mail Emails to Outlook
Two possible solutions are available to transfer the Windows Live Mail storage folder to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010. Both the solutions are verified. Export complete Windows live mail data to Outlook with attachments, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc.
Both the methods are best for users to transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook but there is a major difference in both solutions. The manual method is not reliable because it is totally dependent on a user. But at the same time, the automatic method comforts you to complete export Windows live mail contacts to Outlook directly without any loss of data.
Method 1: Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook Manually
The following are the steps to export emails from Windows Live Mails to Outlook of any version. Before performing, carefully read the steps. Make sure to have Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Open both the email accounts – Windows Live Mail and Outlook application respectively.
- In Windows Live Mail, go to the ‘File’ tab
- Select ‘Export’ and then click on the ‘Mail Message’ option.
- Select the ‘Microsoft Exchange’ and click on the ‘Next button.
- A dialogue box appears which displays‘ export message’ and then, click on the ‘OK button.
- Choose the desired folder from where the export needs to be done.
- Then, click on the ‘OK’ button to continue further.
- The tool will start the export process. Once the process gets completed then, it prompts as ‘export complete’. Finally, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Steps to Import PST Files Created from Windows Live Mail to Outlook:
- Go to the ‘File’ tab, choose ‘Open & Export’, and click on ‘Import/Export’.
- Choose ‘Import from another program or file’ and then click on the Next button.
- Select the file type as ‘Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Browse for the PST files to be imported and then click on the ‘Next button.
- Enter the password for your Outlook account.
- Choose the Outlook email id from the drop-down arrow and then click on the ‘Finish’ button.
Hence, now all the Windows Live Mail emails have been successfully imported into the Outlook application. Once the emails from Windows Live Mail have been exported to the Outlook application. You may check them in the respective email account. Usually, the users find certain limitations with the manual method.
Limitations of the Free Manual Method are Given Below:
- It does not ensure complete data integrity after the export process
- The process of manual is tedious, lengthy, and time-consuming
- It does not support the large-sized files
- There is a possibility of huge data loss during migration
- The folder hierarchy and files structure gets distorted
- The complete migration of emails does not happen
- The export may get canceled due to interrupted flow of internet connectivity
Method 2: Transfer WLM to Outlook Using Automated Toolkit
To complete the migration of Windows live mail to Outlook directly. There is only one solution to complete the action within a limited period is an automatic way. Corbett Software Email Migration Tool helps you to export Windows live mail to Outlook. With its simple and unique UI, a non-technical user can easily work with this tool.
This Utility offers you unlimited options such as you can export Bulk Windows Live Mail to Outlook with attachments, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. Migrate Windows live mail emails in a different document format such as PDF, HTML, Text, CSV, etc. This tool is compatible with Windows 10(32/64 bit) & All Below Versions.
Steps to Migrate Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook
You can perform these steps to export live mail to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 versions. All the steps are verified by IT experts.
1: Install and Launch the software
2: Click on ‘Open’ > ‘Desktop Email Clients’> ‘Windows Live Accounts’> ‘Choose Configured Profile’
3: Now the software will scan your profile and display data in preview panel.
4: Now click on the “Export” button and select “PST” format from the list.
5: Click on the “save” button and apply the data filters as required.
The resultant PST files created from the Windows Live Mail storage folder can be imported into the Microsoft Outlook application by using Import/Export Wizard.
Mind-Boggling Features of Automatic Tool
Windows Live Mail storage folder has multiple data like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and journals. While migrating to Outlook, you need to export complete data. Understand why you should use this tool?
- It works well on all the below versions of the Outlook application
- There is no limitation on file size or amount of files to be migrated to Outlook
- It ensures 100% data integrity without any loss of data
- Extract the email items like contacts, addresses, and attachments with specific filtration and save them in the desired destination location
- Migrate the bulk email files from one account to another
- Folder hierarchy and files structure is maintained without compromising on the data
In the above blog, we have discuss different reasons way users seek to migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook. Additionally, the automated way is preferably the best solution recommends by IT experts. You can use the tool to transfer the Windows Live Mail storage folder to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 versions. However, the manual method is cumbersome and does not assure complete data integrity.