How to Import Yahoo Mail to Outlook? Top Solutions
Are you getting tired of the low number of features offered by Yahoo mails? Perhaps it’s the unnecessary ads, or maybe the unexpected data loss that can occur with Yahoo emails. Whatever the reason, if you’re looking to export Yahoo Mail to Outlook, you’ve come to the right post. In this technical write up, we tell you the accurate step-by-step procedure to move Yahoo mail to Outlook for Windows.
First things first, both Yahoo Mail and Outlook store their data in different formats. Yahoo emails are stored in the MBOX format, whereas Outlook mails are stored in the PST format. So, for successful migration, you have to convert Yahoo emails to Outlook supported format. This can only be done with the help of an automated tool specially designed to accomplish the task with utmost data security.
On the other hand, there is also a manual method available. This method involves a configuration process and has some prerequisites as well. In the next segment we will see how to adjust yahoo mail settings for Outlook 2016 migration process.
Manual Approach to Transfer Yahoo Emails to Outlook
In the manual method, there is a requirement to configure the yahoo account in Outlook. This is essential in order to initiate the process to transfer Yahoo emails to Outlook. To allow configuration, you need to go to the settings page of the yahoo mail account to allow access for Less Secure Apps and disable two-factor authentication.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook (any version)
- Then, go to File menu, move to the Info tab and click on Add Account option.
- After this, select Manual setup or additional server types option. Click on Next to move on.
- Select POP or IMAP radio button and proceed
- Under user & server information section, detail the following (main Yahoo to Outlook Configuration)
- Mention your Name and Email ID
- Choose Account Type to IMAP
- Enter imap.mail.yahoo.com as Incoming mail server
- Enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com as Outgoing mail server
- Provide your Yahoo account credentials
- Click on More Settings
- Go to Outgoing Server tab.
- Check for my Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication option
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
- Move to Advanced tab
- Enter 993 port number for Incoming server (IMAP). Also, select SSL encryption
- Enter 465 port number for Outgoing server ( SMTP). Select SSL encryption mode.
- Click on OK button.
- Click on Next button
- On the appeared window, click on Close option
- Click on Next button, then click on Finish button to exit the Window.
- Restart Outlook application.
The Yahoo mail folders will be displayed on the Outlook folder panel. However, it might take some time to preview all the Yahoo emails in Outlook. If the synchronization of Yahoo mail to Outlook is not completed, then you might face some technical challenges, and your process to import Yahoo mail to Outlook 2016, 2021 will shut down. Furthermore, there are some other drawbacks in manual procedure.
Drawbacks of the Manual Approach
- It is a tedious and time-consuming procedure.
- If you are not a technical user, this procedure will become much more difficult for you.
- There are high chances of data loss during the migration process.
If you want to perform this process effectively, then the next section of the blog will be useful for you.
Professional Solution to Transfer Yahoo Mail to Outlook
The Corbett Yahoo Migration Tool is the perfect solution in order to import Yahoo mail to Outlook 2016, 2019. This tool makes the entire data migration process hassle-free and saves users time. It is the most trusted and reliable solution to export Yahoo mail folders to Outlook 2019. In addition to that, the software has the capability to maintain 100% data integrity.
This automated solution also allows users to transfer Yahoo mail data to across 100 platforms. Additionally, the software is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 etc. Let’s checkout the working of Automated Toolkit.
Steps to Import Yahoo Mail to Outlook
Follow all steps mentioned below to complete the process to transfer Yahoo emails to Outlook.
- Download and launch and Run this software into your device.
- Then go to Open and Add account.
- Enter Yahoo email credentials, you need to generate an app password from Yahoo’s account settings.
- Next, the software will analyze your email account and display all the mailbox data stored in it.
- Then, click on export and choose PST file format.
- Apply the “Advance Data Filters” and click on “Save” button.
Note: To Import PST file to Outlook Read the mentioned blog for good.
In the above blog, we discussed both the manual and the professional method to import Yahoo mail to Outlook PST. However, users can select any of the solutions as per requirements . If you’ve some concerns about the software feel free to contact us via live chat or mail. It’s recommended to go with the automated solution to export Yahoo emails to Outlook in an effortless way.