Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST using eDiscovery & Content Search
Would you like to export Office 365 Mailbox to PST? If yes, then this is the right place for you. In this write-up, I will explain eDiscovery, Content Search, and other steps. All the steps are verified by experts and tested on a large size Office 365 mailbox.
If so, then this blog is going to be beneficial for you. Let’s explore the solution to backup Office 365 mailbox to PST format.
There are numerous challenges that a user will face while performing this activity. Here, we have developed a step-wise workaround that allows users to export Microsoft 365 Mailbox to PST format by using three manual approaches, eDiscovery, Content Search, and PowerShell.
Instant Solution: Try Corbett Office 365 Email Backup Tool, a trustworthy program to export the O365 mailbox into PST format in just five mouse clicks. Download the free version of the software to know more.
Export Office 365 mailbox to PST using eDiscovery
Here in this section, we will discuss the eDiscovery export tool and content search method to export the Office 365 mailbox to PST format. To access the content search feature, you have to activate the eDiscovery Manager role in the Microsoft 365 Compliance center.
If you don’t know how to do it. Follow the number of steps mentioned below with screen-shots.
1) The first step is to sign in to your M365 Admin Center account.
2) To access the Admin Compliance Centre, click compliance in the navigation field.
3) In the left panel, click on “Permissions.”
4) Next, go to Compliance Center >> Roles.
5) Choose the eDiscovery Manager from the list once more.
6) Verify that the export field is visible in the assigned role panel.
7) In eDiscovery Administrator, go to Edit and make the necessary changes.
8) Click on “Add.”
9) Look up the account and click on the “save” button.
Here, you have set all the permissions to start Content Search. After performing this, you can instantly export Office 365 mailbox to PST format. It’s recommended to apply the changes. You must log out and log in to a new tab and continue.
Upward, have permitted to Export Office 365 Mailboxes. Now, you need to create a “content search” to collect the email data of a specific user.
Important Information: Users can download the eDiscovery Export Tool on Edge Browser.
To access this toolkit on chrome and Firefox, you have installed the extensions to solve your query.
- For Chrome: Meta4 ClickOnce Launcher
- For FireFox: Breez ClickOnce
Now, follow the mentioned steps to accomplish the task:
Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Using Content Search Mode
1) Go to Microsoft’s 365 Compliance Center.
- https://compliance.microsoft.com/ Using the mentioned link
2) In the left navigation panel, launch a New Content Search.
- Select Content Search and click on “New Search.”
3) Complete the new search fields.
- In these sections, provide the name and outline of your search and click Next. The title and description will help you identify the data.
4) Go to the Exchange mailboxes tab.
- A user has to turn on the Status of Exchange Mailboxes to export a mailbox.
5) Choose the mailbox folder to export.
- Once you have completed all the steps mentioned above, The next step is to search for the mailboxes you want to export. When your search is over, click Done.
6) Select the Conditions tab.
- If users want to filter the data, they can do so based on keywords. We want to export mailbox data here, so leave this tab and click on Next.
7) Double-check the Data Folders
- In the next panel, evaluate the mailbox folders and click on submit.
8) Begin the Process with Microsoft 365 Compliance Center
- The export process can take sufficient time, depending upon the size of the mailboxes. Users have to wait until the completed messages pop up. (To update content status, users can click on the Refresh button.)
9) Export Office 365 Mailbox Data to PST format
- Click on the Exported Data file>> Actions>> Export Results.
10) Export Results
- Under the Export Results, select the “Output Options” and “Export Exchange Content As” from the list. Click Export to start the process.
11) Download The Exported Office 365 Mailbox to PST Format
Again, it will consume some minutes and prepare a download file.
- Open Export Tab>> Select Export Job to check status.
Final Step to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST using eDiscovery
12) Transfer O365 Mailbox to PST using eDiscovery
- Now, it’s time to use the eDiscovery Export Tool. As mentioned earlier, these can be installed from the edge browser or with extensions on Chrome and Firefox.
- Click the Download results and continue.
13) Copy The Export Key Tag
- Before you start downloading the output, you must copy the Export Key Under Microsoft Complacence Center.
14) Download Office 365 Mailbox as a PST File
- Paste the Export key.
- Browse designation to store Output File.
- Expand Advance Option Drop-down and name your PST file.
- Click on Start to proceed.
15) Wait for the Download to Finish
Depending upon the Mailbox size, the download process will take some time. That’s how you can export Office 365 mailbox to PST using eDiscovery and content search method.
How to Export Office 365 Mailbox Contacts
There are multiple scenarios where users want to get their contacts. To export contacts from the O365 compliance.
Users can follow the steps mentioned below as described in Step 6.
- Click Add Condition.
- Select Type drop-down.
- Click on the Add/Remove options.
- Select Contacts.
After these, follow the rest of the procedure to complete this or go with an automated solution to export contacts in PST format effortlessly.
Key-Notes of Using eDiscovery and Content Search Method:
- Users can Install eDiscovery Export Tool Using Edge Browser.
- The manual solution allows users to Download multiple mailbox data. Select the various users or mailboxes in Step 5.
- Make sure you select the One PST file for each Mailbox in Step 10.
How to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST PowerShell Method Explained
- Users have to connect with the Exchange Server using PowerShell.
- Give PowerShell permission to export Office 365 mailboxes.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and create a new account.
- Check the Configuration Settings.
- Using the Import/Export Wizard, export Mailbox Data to PST.
- Cross-check the Export Process.
- When Office 365 Process gets’ s completed. Exit the PowerShell Session.
Here, you have successfully exported the Office 365 mailbox to the PST PowerShell method. It’s recommended to use the manual procedure if you are a technical professional. If you want a reliable solution, you can get the best Office 356 to PST converter.
Why does the Manual Solution Fails?
- The manual solution to export Office 365 mailbox to PST format requires more technicalities, and a non-technical person can’t perform these steps.
- The free solution takes a long time to complete the procedure, and you have to refresh it.
- The manual method imposes the file size limitation.
- To accomplish the task manually, you require Office 365 administrator credential.
- There are more chances of data loss and data corruption.
Users can Overcome all such limitations in the next section of the blog with well-developed software.
Office 365 Mailbox to PST Converter Tool – A Simplified Technical Solution
Corbett Email Converter Software is a fantastic software that can easily export Office 365 mailbox to PST format. It is an efficient tool that allows exporting mailboxes of selective range by using the date range and other filters without any hassle.
Moreover, it can easily export batch data files without any failure. Also, the export process of the software is quick and easy, and easy to use. Let’s check out the working of automated solutions.
Working Procedure of Automated Solution
1) Download and set up the Office 365 Mailbox to PST Converter Tool on Windows.
2) Click on the “Open Tab” from the first interface of the toolkit.
3) Afterward, select the Email Account >> Add Office 365 account.
4) The software will establish a connection and fetch all mailboxes data from Microsoft 365 account to the software panel.
5) Users can easily preview the emails with all data attributes.
6) Now, click on the “Export Tab” and select PST as Export Option.
7) In the next panel, apply the data filters and click on the Save button to start the process.
In the end, click on the Open Folder message to access the PST file. Now, you have successfully exported all data filters with all meta properties. This way, users can export Office 365 Mailbox to PST format.
Note: Read This Article to Import PST to Outlook in all Editions.
So There You Have It
The process to export Office 365 mailbox to PST using eDiscovery, Content Search, and PowerShell method is a significant task for any organization. We have highlighted easy-to-use and straightforward tricks to export mailbox data from the M365 account. Also, there is a demo edition of the Office 365 to PST Converter Tool available that users can download to evaluate its performance without investing any amount.