How to Open Google Takeout Files? Expert Verified Solutions!
Throughout this technical write-up, we are going to discuss how to open Google Takeout files. We are going to discuss possible ways to accomplish the task. Moreover, we will also share an excellent expert choice solution to access Google Takeout files for free of cost. Thus, keep reading this blog post till the end to find out the best way.
Google Takeout is an export service provided by Google Inc. Using it, you can download all your data from your Google account. For instance, it exports Google emails, contacts, calendars data, etc. Moreover, it provides different format options for downloading different data items.
- Google Takeout provides two format options to download data: .zip & .tgz.
- It allows to export Gmail data to MBOX format.
- Whereas, it downloads contacts in vCard and calendar data in ICS format.
Now, the most prominent question among users is how to open and access the downloaded Google Takeout archives. As stated above, the data from Google Takeout is downloaded in .zip format. When the downloaded zip file is unzipped, it opens up in several separate folders that usually get hard to manage for users. Moreover, unzipping a .zip file is not an easy task at all.
How to Extract Google Takeout Files For Free?
- Run the Google Takeout Opener on your system.
- Click on Email data files >> Google Takeout Files.
- Preview your files in four different modes.
- Click Export and choose a destination as per your needs.
- Select the preferred location path and click Save.
These are some quick brief steps to open and access Google Takeout files. Continue with the article to see the explained steps as well.
Free Way to Open Google Takeout Files
As stated above, Google Takeout downloads data in .zip format and it carries numerous file folders when unzipped. Managing those folders gets overwhelming for users. Moreover, if you do not have the appropriate and compatible programs for each file format then, even opening and accessing the files get hectic. In summation, there is no direct manual method to open Google Takeout files as it contains numerous other formats i.e. MBOX, vCard, and ICS. Check out the next segment to see the expert-recommended choice to tackle this issue.
Expert Way to Access Google Takeout Files
Since it is impossible to open & read Google Takeout files, we have brought the expert-recommended solution that saves you from the overwhelming labor of opening the .zip file. Yes, you heard it right. With the Corbett Google Takeout Converter, you don’t have to open and segregate your downloaded .zip files anymore. This splendid utility is filled with several advanced features that give it an upper hand over the other alternative solutions.
Remarkable Features of This Software
- Opens Google Takeout file for free of cost.
- Saves from the labor of opening .zip files.
- Provides dual search options: Quick & Advanced.
- Maintains 100% data integrity of your Google Takeout files.
- Works smoothly on all Windows OS devices.
- Offers multiple export options as well.
These astonishing features of this software make the whole process extremely easy to execute. Now, let us move on and see the steps to use this utility to open Google Takeout files.
Steps to Open Google Takeout Files
- Download the tool and run it on your Windows system.
- Click on Open >> Email Data Files >> Google Takeout Files. Add your files by selecting either Choose Files or Choose Folder.
- Next, the software will generate a preview of your uploaded files in the dedicated preview panel. The four different modes of the software are Content, Message Header, Hex Value, and Raw Message.
- Utilize the Quick and Advanced search settings to filter out your emails and other data according to your convenience.
And that is it. Follow these steps to open Google Takeout files without any issues. Moreover, this tool also supports extracting and exporting data from your Google Takeout files. So, if you want that, you can do it using this tool.
How to Extract Google Takeout Files?
- Upon uploading and previewing your Google Takeout files in the software, click on the Extract button.
- In the dropdown menu, you will see several options: Email Addresses, Attachments, Phone Numbers, Associated Email & Phone Numbers, and Contact Photos. Choose any according to your needs.
- Use the advanced options provided such as Open folder after export is done, Delete old folders, skip greyed-out folders, etc.
- Browse and select a location to save the resultant files and click on Save.
And you are done. By following these simple steps, not only you can open Google Takeout files but also the software allows you to extract data from them.
Next Read: Guide to Import Google Takeout to New Gmail Account
Questions? We Have Answers!
Q) What is Google Takeout?
Google Takeout is a free service by Google that allows users to export their data from Google Applications (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, and more)
Q) How do I download my data using Google Takeout?
To download your data using the takeout service, go to the official Google Takeout website and select Google Products to export, then select the frequency and create a successful export.
Q) How to Unzip Google Takeout?
- Move to the location of the ZIP file.
- Now, Right Click on the File >> Extract Files.
- Select the Designation path & other information.
- Click on Unzip Google Takeout Files.
Q) What should I do If I encounter any error using Google Takeout?
Try to re-download your Takeout data file or visit & read this article to fix Google Takeout not responding error.
Q) What type of data does Google Takeout include?
The Google Takeout includes the following data:
- Drive Files
Next Read: Solved: Google Data Migration Stuck at 99 Issue
This blog post on “How to Open Google Takeout Files” discussed various ways you can open as well as extract your Google Takeout files. Since there is no direct manual method to accomplish this task, we have brought you an expert-recommended choice. This above-mentioned professional solution helps in tackling the overwhelming job of extracting a .zip file. Hence, choose according to what fulfills your needs.